Monday, September 17, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

So this recipe is supposed to like the soup from panera bread (if you haven't had it from there you need to try it. It's ohhhh sooooo good.) Now I did change it a little by not adding some things it in. I didn't add the onions or the carrots in it. I'm not sure if that makes a difference on how it taste but oh well. And also I do recommend using half & half (I've read on this ladies blog that some comments posted they used skim milk and it was too runny) Mine turned out great with the half and half and I also probably used more broccoli then I should have. But oh well i love broccoli. Here's the link on where I got the recipe from. http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/05/copy-cat-panera-bread-broccoli-cheese-soup-recipe/


Now I'll just change it up a little to what i did exactly (BTW it doesn't taste quite as good as panera bread (in my opinion) But it still taste very yummy



What You Need

1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half-and-half ( or skim milk)
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 pound fresh broccoli ( florets only)
1/4 teaspoon of salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
What To Do

 
In a large stockpot   – melt butter. Add flour and mix for 3 minutes.
Slowly add half- half – mixing the entire time.
Slowly add chicken stock- mixing the entire time.
Let simmer on low for 20 minutes.


Add broccoli and on low for 25 minutes or until broccoli is tender




 
Season with salt, pepper;
Place soup in a blender or use an immersion blender and puree.
Heat soup over low heat and add cheese and mix till melted.
Serve ( hopefully in a bread bowl) and Enjoy
 
 
 
Mine came out a little green (lol only because i put too much broccoli in it)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment